Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) Returns

A company is liable to pay ATED if it owns residential property in the UK that is:

  • A dwelling
  • Is in the UK
  • Was valued at more than £1 million on 1 April 2012, or at acquisition if later.
  • Is owned completely or partly by: a company; a partnership whereby one of the partners is a company; or, a collective investment scheme e.g. unit trust or open-ended investment vehicle.

ATED carries a flat rate of annual tax based on the value of a property. There are open-ended value bands which properties fall into and the tax liability increases with each band. Property valuations are recalculated for ATED purposes every 5 years so the band in which a property falls may change.

How can we help?

  • Completion and submission of ATED returns
  • Monitoring changes in legislation
  • Payment reminders and compliance with HMRC regulations

For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Why not book a free no-obligation meeting with us to discuss how we can help you?

Contact us