With the government looking for ways to reduce the budget deficit it is no surprise that we have seen a rise in tax investigations in recent years. Receiving an enquiry letter from HMRC can be stressful and worrying and, if not handled properly, also time consuming and punitive. Whether the enquiry has arisen because of a tax reporting omission or a misunderstanding of the UK’s complicated tax legislation we can take the burden off your shoulders and minimise the impact on you.
How we can help
- Liaising with HMRC on your behalf entering into written and sometimes telephone correspondence with the Inspector.
- Calculating additional tax due, claiming all available reliefs and exemptions.
- Negotiating a payment schedule that is affordable for you.
- Checking HMRC’s points of law and challenging where appropriate.
- Negotiating to reach a fair settlement minimising tax and penalties.
- Keeping you fully updated along the way.